The News (2015-01-02)

The News in the new year: new characteristics of a musician.

From now on every musician has new characteristics that I have called Abilities, and it consist of Practicing, Writing, Promoting, Gigging, Recording. You can see it here. Each one for every possible band instruction type. So you can imagine, that these abilities defines the willingness of a musician to participate in the execution of that particular instruction for a band. If ability has 0, it doesn't mean that musician won't participate (or give his skill points) in the execution, but his participation will be very low compared to what it was before game changes. And if ability has 100 points, then you get bonus comparing to what musician was giving before.

Because of the changes, the calculation of musician wages also has changed. And it is very likely that your bands' wage has changed also and it has increased. But don't be upset, if your musicians have high abilities, then you get bonus to created songs. Also, the ratio, that determines how much records you are selling compared to songs or albums rating, also has changed to get better sales.

The free musicians market also has changed a bit, so now you can find musician having good musical skill, but with lower wage. Of course that musician will be having lower abilities, maybe higher age.

Please note, that currently Practicing and Gigging abilities are not fully implemented. When hiring keep in mind, that you will be paying for these abilities. Full implementation of these abilities should come in the near future.

There is some other small changes. All musicians lost their "date of birth", now they have "age". Currently there isn't much changes related to that, but now the age participates in calculate of a wage for a musician. And in some places the word "day" was changed to "turn", so now all wages is show like "€1 p/t".

That's it and have a happy new year.

Link
changes sound nice, however daily wages went from 130k to almost 190k. since the single sales calculations changed it was almost impossible to get profitable let alone now
Link
I found the birth dates to be much more fun. It was easier to pick by them by the year rather than just age. Honestly, that seems like such an unnecessary change.

I feel like there should be an easier way to make money. The way the game stands, it's very easy to go into debt and never climb out of it. That debt takes away from the experience of the game and starting over just seems like such a waste when you already have your dream team collected. The wages for the bands shot up from about 15000 to about 26000! That's over a 10000 increase! Or more than a 70% increase! That's insane for someone who's only been playing for a little while!

Do you make these changes/updates based on data or on just what you deem fit? Because a lot of the game mechanics in general just seem problematic for players in general.

If you like opinions of the players, I could suggest a few things. If this is the place for them.

- Writing Songs.
There's no clear explanation and it takes a little while to figure out how to change the title.
- Albums.
Again, there's no guide or anything as to how exactly they work. I haven't gotten that far yet to tinker with it and it can be very confusing.
- Events.
Maybe an easier way to make money? But let's say it lowers the band's fame in return for "selling out" or something like that. Would be helpful for newer bands especially.

Just some feedback. I used to enjoy playing PR before it was shut down and would like to see this game grow :)
Link

To jptiger and Ayame > Yes, you are both right about wages. I might miscalculated how much the wage for musicians will increase after the changes. : ) But for now, I have increased the same ratio of sales/rating, also now you will get a bit bigger bonus when your musician has 100 in skill points. As i have seen, that you both are in dept, I have lifted a bit higher the limit for how much money you can borrow from bank. So, for now this should help, but I still will be looking a bit closer next few days how this profitability situation resolves.

To jptiger > Beside the increased ratio for sales/rating, also you will get a better songs when your bands will write new songs, because most of your musicians have ~100 abilities, they will write better songs than they did before the changes.

To Ayame > About the age. After few more updates to the game, you will see, that the change from "date of birth" to age was a necessary and logical step.
All of the forum is a place for a feedback, especially in the announcement topic after some changes in the game. I have started writing some help. For now, there isn't much information, but you can try to read guide on how to start game. Also, I have seen, that most of your bands are practicing. My suggestion is that for now it's not practical to use that feature, especially if you don't have much money. The practicing and gigging instruction is far less developed compared to other types of instruction.
Thanks for feedback. Here is my comments:

1. Because you can write album name right before instructing band to create (record) an album, probably I will make changes to how the write instruction is being created.
  2. The basics on how to create albums are these: album must have at least 6 songs and it should contain one released (it can be archived) single. You can choose on how you fulfill this requirement. You can include 6 singles in to album, and it will take only 1 turn to record an album. If you choose to include one single, then your band will have to write and record 5 additional songs, which will be only available in this album. In this situation, it will take 6 turns to create an album, 1 turn for every album song, and 1 turn for completing the whole album. Hope that answers your question, if not, just let me know.
  3. I'm kind of sure, that there will be some sort of events in the game, but we are not there. There will be many more changes to the game, before the events will be next logical step.

Link
About the age. After few more updates to the game, you will see, that the change from "date of birth" to age was a necessary and logical step.
Can there be at least an option to view the date rather than age? I preferred the date for the rp aspect of the game. Made it more entertaining to have some band members have birthdays close together...

Also, I have seen, that most of your bands are practicing. My suggestion is that for now it's not practical to use that feature, especially if you don't have much money. The practicing and gigging instruction is far less developed compared to other types of instruction.
There's no money for the bands to record singles or albums. So practicing to improve their abilities and then have them write songs with better quality, and gigging for those songs with improved skills to attract more fans is the only way to make any kind of money. Which doesn't help much.

2.The basics on how to create albums are these: album must have at least 6 songs and it should contain one released (it can be archived) single. You can choose on how you fulfill this requirement. You can include 6 singles in to album, and it will take only 1 turn to record an album. If you choose to include one single, then your band will have to write and record 5 additional songs, which will be only available in this album. In this situation, it will take 6 turns to create an album, 1 turn for every album song, and 1 turn for completing the whole album. Hope that answers your question, if not, just let me know.
Does the band need to write all of the 6 songs beforehand? Or is writing songs only for the singles? Can the names of songs on the album be changed before the album is released? Do all the singles need to be released first before they can be added to the album? Meaning, can you release a single, release album, and then take a song from that album and then turn it into a single? Or can you only release two singles first and then include them on the album?

3.I'm kind of sure, that there will be some sort of events in the game, but we are not there. There will be many more changes to the game, before the events will be next logical step.
Can the players get a heads-up on the features that are being worked on? Kind of like a "here's what we want to do..." and then have the players assess if something they feel is good or bad for the game? That way there might be even less complaints in the future? :3
Link

Like I have already wrote, couple more game updates and you'll see, that showing date of birth will not make any sense. Trust me on this. : )

Well, if your band doesn't have many fame points, then at this stage of game it isn't that useful to gig. Yesterday I have lifted limits for the loan from bank, so you can try to borrow more from there. At same time you can try to fire members from some band, so that your couple bands, which was left with the members, could do the hard work to rise some money. Or you can try to bankrupt. Then you will get a lot more money. : )

About the albums. No, your band doesn't need to write all the 6 songs beforehand, except for that one single, that you have to include in to an album. But if you already have 6 released singles, then you don't need to "write" the album songs. And you can record album in a far less turns. So, yes, writing a song currently is only for the making of singles, which you can later include in to album. You can't change the names for the album songs, because those songs are like shadow songs, just for filling the album. You can imagine those as songs, that nobody remembers, nobody can named it, and they never get music clip or some sort of promotion. Yes, the single has to be released to be possible to include in to an album. For now, you can't release singles or album songs after the album is recorded. I have already mentioned, that bare minimum of songs in album is 6, and maximum is 12. So you can release 12 singles, then included them all in to album and have a super album.

Usually I don't keep big or formal list of what changes are coming up in the game. But if you wish, I can name a few changes, that probably will make in to the game:

• Rewrite practicing instruction, so that musicians will get more skill points depending on their age.
  • Add the aging of musicians, so that they automatically increase their skill points up until middle of their active life (about in the 37th year of their life), and then the skill points will start to decrease until they retire (it's about 55 years).
  • Rewrite the gigging instruction, so it will help rise some more money and not entirely dependably on the fame of a band.
But there is always a possibility, that something will change along the way. Those changes you can discuss about. Or, of course, suggest something new.

Link
I still want the birthdates--that's not gonna change. Some people just think of this as a strategy game, and some as a rping experience.

Borrowing an extra 25000 is pointless as I would need about 200000 at this point to get out of debt by the next update.

The age thing seems off, again. There are bands out there who are pushing 100 and still performing for a young audience. I'm sure not everyone would be like that, but would be nice to have the option not to retire them.

Are you just one person in charge of this or do you have a team backing you up?
Link

Yes, this is one man show, and more like a simple side project.

Link
Are multiple accounts allowed?
Link

As there isn't any collaboration features between players, you can have as many as you wish accounts. But before that, please remember, that you can go to bankrupt and start the game from the beginning. And there is some limitations on how many accounts can be created from one IP address in given time.

Link