All time sales chart?

It be cool to see the all time best selling albums and singles in a chart!
Not that i think it desperately needs it, it just would be cool!
Link

Well, there are plans to add this "all time charts" feature, at very least bands' and managers' chart. But those plans are saved before we will be ready to get rid of "beta" label and start normal 3 months round game. So, there will pass some time (months, I hope it's not years) before "all time charts" comes to life. On the other side, expect new features in the near future. : )

Link
Sounds great! But can you explain the 3month thing ?
Link

When the game will be ready and gameplay will be sufficiently extended, there will be reset and we will start playing in rounds. Every game round will last for 3 months (most probably it will match season, like summer round and fall round). After each round there will be reset, maybe "all time charts" update, and we will start another fresh round. That way everyone will have equal chances to be in #1 manager spot. I just can't tell You now, when this will happen. But when we will be close to it, I will inform everyone. : )

Link
honestly, i think the 3 month thing sucks. not to be rude. but i played many many browser and other on line games. and all of them were ruined by rounds. and stopped playing them. i very likely will do that to this (amazing) game as well. in this game you will need rounds because the larger ones have a monopoly because the the sales are based upon fame largely. i hope, and deeply wish this could be avoided by getting into different marketing/budget strategies that make sure that even when there are very powerful labels, a small label can make some impact.
Link
I'm not sure if like the sound of the 3 month thing either, but it's your game and if you think its best it's up to you. I'd be sad to have to start all my bands all over.
Link

I didn't expected this opposition. : )

To make it sound better, let me add clearer vision of the round system. I'm fully aware that round system may kill all the fun. But what if every round would be different from the one before? I hope that I could implement "music market" feature, where you will have to adopt to the fluctuations of the market. This means, that even during same round you will have to disband or change your band to be able to release profitable recordings. This will be needed because of swinging popularity of the music genre and style in the market. And at the start of the new round you will never know what music style will be most popular.

Because of the round system, most of the game changes will be added during transition between two rounds.

Just be aware that we still are months away from the round system. And this means that we have time to discuss what will be better to the game.

Link

But wait, there's more. : )

I just got an idea how to solve the problem, mentioned by TheHoon, when you have to recreate bands in the new round. What if you could create new band with the same name as in the last round (no matter if musical style will match). That way you could get some fraction of the fame from the last round. It won't be the same amount of fame points, but it will be sufficient to get you head start in the new round. And if there will be the "all time charts", your newly recreated band will continue the legacy to get your band the top of the all timers.

So, as I said already, we have time to discuss what will be better. : )

Link
don't think that that will be interesting.
i think it would be best for the future of the game that you just carry on with the "roundless" game but you add factors that can alter the success of a player/band/musician. f.e you can trade musicians and maybe even band between players, and that a band members popularity is important, also band(members fame should depreciate after time or disappointing releases. also more setting in the process of making a song (among other things)should make the game more interesting and could add enough variation and challenge to make a round system obsolete.
Link

Thank You, jptiger, for your opinion.

As I already said, we have a long way of the game development, and maybe at the end there really wouldn't be the need of the round system, just like You are suggesting.

So, till then, when we again will have discussion about round system. : )

Link
:)
if you need opinion on anything, we are there :)
Link
I'm sure whatever direction the game goes in it will be good! but i do like the idea of no rounds more :3
Link

Thanks to You too, TheHoon, for your opinion.

Link