How can you tell how famous an artist is?

Anyone know?
Link

Thank You TheHoon for the question. Unfortunately You can't see this for the moment.
This information about band's fame should be available in the near future. As soon as this will be available we`ll spread the word.
We hope the question was answered. If no - could you please specify your question.

Link
thanks ! That was the question! It just all seems rather arbitrary at the moment! Like you don't know how good a song is, you don't know how famous you are or anything! Not sure why one song does better than another at this moment! Is there any plans to introduce something about song writing skill and quality of song and maybe production? I realize it's very early in the games development, just wondering if you'd thought about this? Good game so far though!
Link

Definitely there will be game changes to show the band's or song's level and fame. I use word show because now these things exist and are part of the game mechanics.

To answer to Your question why one song performs better than another, it depends on three things: level, age and fame. The level you can probably guess by looking at the band's members. The age of the song is shown in the charts. And the fame is currently hidden, but not for long.

Your other suggestions about song writing skills and recording impact to a song's level, is at least worth thinking about, but for the moment there are no plans according this. We`re glad You like this game and thank You very much for the comments and thoughts. If You have more thoughts we`ll be glad if You`ll share them with us.

Link
Thanks for the reply i'll continue playing and look forward to future updates. One last question, i'm in minus money and i can't afford to release a single is there anything i can do to make money or will i have to start over? I missed a few days at the start and wasn't sure what i was doing so blew all my money.
Link

For the moment the only option to come out of negative money balance is to go bankrupt. You can find it here: "Settings >> Go bankrupt" or in home page near Your negative money balance.

Before accepting bankruptcy please read conditions, which are stated on bankruptcy page.

Hope this was helpful.

Link